The firm, meaty flesh of our lovely fresh salmon fillets lends itself perfectly for this uber-healthy burger with a kick.
Enjoy with steamed rice or if you just can’t live without bread, why not keep it healthy with some wholemeal flatbread or pitta?
- 2 of our boneless, skinless salmon fillets, about 550g/1lb 4oz in total, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- Thumb-sized piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 bunch coriander, half chopped, half leaves picked
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- For the salad:
- 2 carrots
- Half large or 1 small cucumber
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- Tip the salmon into a food processor with the paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander. Pulse until roughly minced. Tip out the mix and shape into 4 burgers. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the burgers for 4-5 mins on each side, turning until crisp and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, use a swivel peeler to peel strips of carrot and cucumber into a bowl. Toss with the vinegar and sugar until the sugar has dissolved, then toss through the coriander leaves. Divide the salad between 4 plates. Serve with the burgers and rice.