If every week you spend some time wondering “what can I cook for dinner?”, don’t worry you are not alone! Luckily, there are plenty of easy recipes out there that are perfect for weeknights when you get home late or simply don’t have the time to cook anything sophisticated. Here are 3 recipes we have selected that you can add to your recipe collection!
White fish with Garlic and Lemon Butter Sauce
- Start by making the sauce: Heat butter, shallots, and garlic in a large frying pan and cook on medium heat, stirring often for 2 min. Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Boil until sauce thickens slightly, 2-3 min. Stir in parsley and lemon zest. Season with pinches of salt and pepper to taste. Cover and keep warm.
- Using paper towels, pat the fish fillets dry to remove as much moisture as you can. Sprinkle a light layer of kosher salt and black pepper over both sides of each fillet. In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Arrange 2 fillets in the pan and cook with the lid slightly open to allow steam to escape. Cook about 3-4 min or until bottoms of fillets are browned.
- Flip carefully and brown the other side 3-4 min (keep in mind that if your fish is less than 1 inch thick, you’ll need to adjust for shorter cooking time.) You want the fish just cooked, but not over-cooked.
- Repeat with other 2 fillets (unless your frying pan is large enough to cook all 4 fillets without crowding, it’s best to cook in batches; otherwise, the fish will be more steamed than browned.)
Plate the fish fillets and pour warm sauce over them. Serve immediately.
Roasted Salmon with Crispy Potatoes & Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli
- 450 g potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 680 g skinless salmon fillet
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ clove garlic
- Heat oven to 220 degrees C. On a baking sheet mix together the broccoli, potatoes, and onion with the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast for 15 minutes.
- Season the salmon with 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper, place it among the vegetables and continue roasting until the vegetables are golden brown and tender and the salmon is opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic. Serve with the fish and the vegetables.
Cod with Chorizo and Tomato Sauce
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 4 thin slices chorizo, cut into matchsticks
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 400g tinned or fresh chopped tomatoes
- 2 skinless cod fillets or other white fish
- Cooked green beans to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan then cook the garlic and chorizo for a few minutes.
- Add the chilli and tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened, season.
- Meanwhile rub the fish with a little more oil, season and grill or steam until cooked through, about 4-6 minutes. Serve the fish with the sauce and green beans.